RANCHO REALTY SERVICES CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES
Protecting your Privacy
Rancho Realty Services Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Rancho”) provide a broad range of property management and related services to its corporate, association and individual clients (“Clients”) across Western Canada.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Creating and maintaining owner registers for strata and condominium corporations;
- Making decisions about tenant applications – assessing eligibility and renewal of leases;
- Responding to your inquiries about applications, accounts and other services;
- Evaluating credit worthiness for purposes of enforcing tenant agreements;
- Receiving your credit card number to process credit card payments through third party payment processing, clearing and settlement systems in association with various banks;
- Sharing with lenders and other professional advisors of landlord clients to assist Rancho in completing its work as property manager; and
- Meeting legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information we receive from strata and condominium corporation clients;
- Information you provide on applications or other forms, which may include your name, address, email address, age, I.D. Number (e.g. drivers license), credit card number, credit records, banking information, payment records, employment and income information;
- Information we acquire and/or share from other persons (such as references or employers) to verify your identity and the accuracy of the information you have provided; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS
- To assess eligibility and credit worthiness for leases and lease renewals and tenant arrears;
- To prospective purchasers of the assets of Rancho;
- For legal or regulatory requirements;
- To provide administrative services to us, such as archival file storage;
- If the information is a credit card number, to process credit card payments – through third party payment processing, clearing and settlement systems in association with various banks; and
- To lenders and other professional advisors of landlord clients.
If required or permitted to do so by law, we will disclose your Personal Information to third parties without obtaining your prior approval or providing you with notice thereof.
Your knowledge of and consent to Rancho’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
· Your voluntary provision of Personal Information to us directly, through tenancy applications, leases and renewals (including information previously provided to Rancho);
· Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application; and
· Your verbal consent solicited by Rancho for a specified purpose.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Rancho will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Rancho to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with requested products, services or information.
If you wish to withdraw your consent please refer to the Questions or to Withdraw Consent section below.
LIMITED COLLECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Rancho will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as permitted by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. Rancho will collect Personal Information only by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
We restrict access to Personal Information about clients and tenants to those employees of ours and our affiliates who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to our clients and tenants. We have in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we maintain regarding clients and tenants. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, amount, distribution and storage of the Personal Information.
ACCURACY, ACCOUNTABILITY, OPENNESS AND CUSTOMER ACCESS
Our knowing about changes to some of your Personal Information may be key to providing continued property management. Please keep us informed of changes to your Personal Information.
QUESTIONS OR TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
You have the right to access your Personal Information and request rectification of any Personal Information in the file that may be obsolete, incomplete or incorrect.
- Rancho Privacy Officer
- One Dr. David Friesen Drive
- Winnipeg, MB
- R3X 0G8
You may also withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Information (which may limit or terminate the products and services that Rancho provides to you) by writing or sending a fax to us at the above address. We will need to validate the identity of anyone making such a request to ensure that we do not provide your information to anyone who does not have the right to such information.
Normally we will respond to access requests within 30 days.
FILING A COMPLAINT
Please write to us at the address above or through our website to file a privacy complaint. Should we fail to resolve a complaint to your satisfaction or within a reasonable delay, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner within your province.